FANDOM


  • So... we did find out That amenadiel Gods favorite Son is. But does this also mean he is Jesus?

      Loading editor
    • I don't think so. Jesus is just a human IMO.

        Loading editor
    • No, because Lucifer has already meet Jesus and even offering him a chance to live a wealthy and abundant life but he declined...are you even watching Lucifer???

        Loading editor
    • Gaggefhotboy wrote:
      No, because Lucifer has already meet Jesus and even offering him a chance to live a wealthy and abundant life but he declined...are you even watching Lucifer???

      I've watched the series, and I don't remember this at all. I do remember this being a common myth in catholicism, though.

        Loading editor
    • Lucifer mentioned about it in a conversation with Amandiel himself...so no, Amandiel is not Jesus

        Loading editor
    • I can't find a single mention of Jesus in any of the aired episodes. So, if that conversation happened, name the episode.

        Loading editor
    • Janus100 wrote: I can't find a single mention of Jesus in any of the aired episodes. So, if that conversation happened, name the episode.

      It's Wingman.

        Loading editor
    • Gaggefhotboy wrote: It's Wingman.

      Just went through Wingman. No mention of "Jesus".

        Loading editor
    • IP wrote: 43 minutes episodes with no adverts so I doubt it took you 30 minutes [insults & profanity]

      It's called going through the transcript. If you believe the transcript missed something, feel free to tell me where the Jesus line is.

      While you're at it, feel free to read this wiki's policies, specifically "Do not make personal attacks against other users. Examples include (but are not limited to) insults, threats, and profanity directed against another contributor."

        Loading editor
    • Amenadiel is described as the ‘Firstborn of God’, a parallel to the Archangel Michael of DC Comics. Michael, and therefore presumably Amenadiel in the series, is the only being that matches a fully powered Lucifer in raw celestial might below God himself (and presumably Goddess too).

        Loading editor
    • Amenadiel is just the Archangel Michael by another name, not sure why they didn't just use Michael by name.

        Loading editor
    • ok in the episode wingman the only thing they mentioned that was out of the ordinary was St. Paul. I found it confusing how the show went through 3 seasons without the slightest mention of jesus, Either they are goingto add it in season 4, or they will just ignore it

        Loading editor
    • Tobeornottobe391 wrote:
      Amenadiel is just the Archangel Michael by another name, not sure why they didn't just use Michael by name.

      In naming his baby in Season 4, he clearly does NOT like the name Michael for his baby. Probably he just doesn't like the name, so he goes by Amenadiel.

        Loading editor
    • 24.85.180.122 wrote:
      Tobeornottobe391 wrote:
      Amenadiel is just the Archangel Michael by another name, not sure why they didn't just use Michael by name.
      In naming his baby in Season 4, he clearly does NOT like the name Michael for his baby. Probably he just doesn't like the name, so he goes by Amenadiel. Or, maybe he doesn't like how grand it sounds - unlike Lucifer, who wants everyone to know he's the Devil, Amenadiel seems to want to downplay his role.
        Loading editor
    • Gaggefhotboy wrote:

      Janus100 wrote: I can't find a single mention of Jesus in any of the aired episodes. So, if that conversation happened, name the episode.

      It's Wingman.
        Loading editor
    • I rewatched Wingman and still couldnt find that conversation

        Loading editor
    • Previous poster made that stuff up about Jesus being mentioned in "Wingman." I've watched the entire series three times and there's no mention of Christ anywhere in the show.

        Loading editor
    • ... well, now that s4 is out... there is one line near the end of "Everything's Okay"...

        Loading editor
    • Amenadiel, is a made up nane. there is no arch angel mentioned in any rrligious text named Amenadiel. Different religions rank their archangels differently. I would offer possibly, Metatron is the highest of arch angels in some particular cannon. If producers thought about Metatron, possible the name sounds more like a transformer than an angel. Michael too common. Some protestants have referred The Angel of the lord in the Bible as Jesus, som maybe, but highly unlikely as the series has mixed many traditions.

        Loading editor
    • If the series knew anything about any religion they would know the Lucifer's brother is MICHAEL (Jesus Christ) NOT some guy named Amenadial. Michael (Jesus) was the chosen (favorite) son to come down to earth as a human to live and teach the people because he had better intentions for the people on earth than Lucifer did and God chosen Michael which Lucifer was angry about and caused shit and God banished him to hell. That's that. I get it's a fictional series but they could at least have their facts right

        Loading editor
    • IIRC, the idea that Jesus = Michael is an interpretation made by Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Society. It makes far more sense to look at the DC comics rather a religious text.. In Carey's Lucifer (Vertigo/DC), Amenadiel and Michael are separate characters. How one can talk about "facts" in relation to any Bible is beyond me. Jesus is supposedly the son of MAN. It makes far more sense to me to draw parallels between Jesus amd the human characters.  

        Loading editor
    • 1.136.107.175 wrote:
      If the series knew anything about any religion they would know the Lucifer's brother is MICHAEL (Jesus Christ)

      Michael is NOT Jesus Christ. Michael is an Arch-Angel and was created back when Lucifer and all the other angels were created, before the humans existed. Jesus Christ, if you actually read the Bible, is an extension of God Himself. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit make up the Holy Trinity. They are three manifestations of God, not an angel. When God sent Jesus to earth to die for our sins, He was sending a part of Himself in human form. Jesus existed long before the angels were created and therefor CANNOT be Michael, Gabriel, or any other angel.


      This article has a GREAT explanation of the Holy Trinity and how it works: https://www.everystudent.com/forum/trinity.html

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.