Summary[edit | edit source]
"Lucifer and Chloe investigate a murder during which a witness claims a winged guardian angel saved her life, causing Lucifer to become paranoid about his own actions. Meanwhile, Pierce and Chloe's relationship takes an interesting turn and Lucifer discovers something that could change everything."
Plot[edit | edit source]
|This section is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
A news story surfaces of a guardian angel rescuing a victim in San Bernardino, leading Lucifer to wonder if he’s responsible. Pierce's relationship with Chloe is strained by her refusal to let him meet Trixie. Linda suggests that Lucifer may not be aware of his actions because he is unconsciously trying to distract himself; both he and Amenadiel suspect that God is responsible. Chloe finds a video of a fight involving the victim, which leads them to an actor who was hired to keep him from breaking his addiction to heroin. Lucifer's refusal to sleep interferes with his work. Lucifer forces the murderer to confess, but realizes his situation is similar and believes that Pierce is behind the "guardian angel" plan to keep him away from Chloe. Maze reveals that she's the "guardian angel". Pierce wants Chloe to say "I love you" in hopes of removing the mark. Chloe is about to tell him she loves him but he stops her and breaks up, breaking her heart. Furious, Lucifer attacks Pierce. Pierce admits he has had a change of heart. He does not fight, allowing Lucifer to hurt him, but Lucifer realizes the mark has vanished, rendering Pierce mortal.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
- Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar
- Lauren German as Chloe Decker
- Kevin Alejandro as Dan Espinoza
- Tricia Helfer as Charlotte Richards
- D.B. Woodside as Amenadiel
- Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen
- Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez
- Scarlett Estevez as Trixie Espinoza
- Tom Welling as Marcus Pierce
- Rachael Harris as Linda Martin
Guest Starring[edit | edit source]
- Lidia Porto as Rosie Hernandez
- Brandon Barash as Jeremy Bell
- Katherine Boecher as Mary Bell
- Jason E. Kelley as Phil Goldstein
- Anthony Pierre Christopher as Raymond
- Wayne Hill as Manager
- Rane Jameson as Kevin Winstead
- Lidia Porto as Rosie Hernandez
- Scott Rinker as Matt Kessman
Co-Starring[edit | edit source]
- Caroline Kwan as Woman
- Kue Lawrence as Jackson Bell
- Abhi Trivedi as Kirby
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The episode's title is said by Lucifer when he reads it in a newspaper.
- Lucifer is shown to need sleep, rather treating it as a choice/luxury.
- He is also shown to be susceptible to becoming confused and start cracking up from prolonged lack of sleep just like a human, although it did take him an entire week to reach a level of tiredness that would only take a human a little more than a day to reach.
- FOX's TV series Bones is referenced in this episode. During Lucifer's attempt to avoid any sleep for one week, he binge-watched all episodes of Bones. Clips from Bones are also shown.
- Lucifer mistakes "Matt" for the killer as he recognizes him from the Bones episode "Intern in the Incinerator." Scott Rinker, who plays Matt, did in fact play the killer in that episode.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Lucifer: No offense, brother, but on the list of things I'd like to wake up to, your face falls somewhere after a horse's head and Coldplay tickets.
- Lucifer: So what have we got, Booth?
- Chloe: Booth?
- Lucifer: Yes, the FBI agent on Bones.
- Chloe: The TV show?
- Lucifer: Uh-huh. Watched all 12 seasons. It's riveting stuff. It's like watching a documentary of us. Actually, you're clearly Booth. I'm Bones, obviously.
- Chloe: Obviously.
- Lucifer: Kevin's autopsy report. Good. Now, I've been thinking, perhaps there was a slight depression on the occipital, or slight fractures to the femur? Did you know there were 206 bones in a human body? Each of them a clue, sometimes twice. And the coccyx is not what it sounds.
- Chloe: No coccyx.
- Lucifer: (chuckles) Don't even try lying to me. I know you killed Kevin Winstead. And I know you killed that intern at the hospital. Yeah. Burned her body. Only her cranium was left in the smoldering, smoldering ashes. (chuckles)
- Chloe: Lucifer, Lucifer. Are you talking about an episode of Bones? Wha? Oh, yes.
- Lucifer: Oh, yes, no, I suppose I am, actually. Yes, episode 306. "The Intern in the Incinerator". Yes, of course. You were quite good.
- Matt Kessman: Thank you. Thank you. Yeah. Yeah, that wasn't an easy role.