Lucifer and Chloe investigate a teacher's murder. Meanwhile, Lucifer goes to extremes to convince Eve to dump him, and Amenadiel mentors a teen.
Investigating the death of High School teacher Sandra Baez, Chloe talks with Lucifer about the prophecy. Understanding his changes, he concludes the best action is to break up with Eve; but she refuses. Speaking to students Lexy Shaw and Nate Benedict, Nate's father was sleeping with Sandra after his divorce, but mutually broke up a week ago. Lucifer takes Eve to his sessions, which backfires. Then plays the "cliché bad husband" which also backfires. At Lux, Caleb Mayfield, a student needing Lucifer's favor, meets Amenadiel; Caleb wants out from selling drugs for Tahir, the dealer. Later, two officers arrive to arrest Caleb for murder, as the murder weapon was in Caleb's locker, with a building hostility until Dan arrives and orders a stand down. Ella informs Dan a cop may have told Tierning about Lucifer. Nate reveals Sandra found out they stole the SAT answers, so Lexy killed her with Caleb's golf club. Nate kept her bloody clothes, which is evidence. Released from custody, Amenadiel paid off Tahir and invites Caleb to a 1-on-1 game between friends. Lucifer later directly breaks up with Eve as he doesn't like who he is around her. After Caleb was shot dead by Tahir's men, the brothers raid Tahir's home and brutalize him. Amenadiel decides to raise his son in Heaven. When seeing Linda, Lucifer reveals he feels a tremendous amount of self-hatred. Meanwhile, Maze has trouble on the dating scene and when hanging out with Eve, a drunk Dan antagonizes Maze to punish him, but is instead escorted out.
Lucifer attends a session with Linda. He grumbles that God must be using Eve and Chloe to torment him, but admits he's just lying to himself. He accepts the truth that everything is his own fault. Linda tells him it's progress to admit this. However, Lucifer tells her that the real truth is much worse. Prompted Lucifer explains what he sees of himself, becoming increasingly emotional. "There is something rotten inside me. I find it near impossible to drown out the constant cacophony of voices telling me I am evil. I'm drowning, doctor. And I can't help asking WHY DO I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH?"
- The episode's title is said by Lucifer.
- There is an inside joke during the awkward crime scene conversation between Dan, Ella and Chloe, the design of Ella's t-shirt has the phrase "This is Unbearable" with a picture of a bear covering its face as if in embarrassment.
- There are two blatant references in the scene where Chloe tells Lucifer about the prophecy, and Lucifer asks whether it could be something like:
- "Frogs falling from the sky", which is a reference to one of the biblical plagues.
- Or that "Winter is coming", which is an obvious reference to "Game of Thrones", whose final season was airing when Lucifer season 4 was released.
- The screen names for Lucifer and Eve for the game are MFNDevil and F1rstwoman.
- Mazikeen and Eve talk about the film Marley & Me. It's implied Lucifer loves the film, as Maze notes he got angry at her for laughing (likely because he found it to be a touching film).
- Maze realizes she has no life/interest outside sex and bounty hunting.
- The game Lucifer and Eve play are Killer Instinct