Season 5 is the fifth season of Lucifer. On June 7, 2019, Netflix announced that they picked up the fifth season, which would be its last season. However, on June 12, 2020, the cast signed on for a sixth season, which was officially announced on June 23, 2020. On October 29, 2019, Tom Ellis confirmed that Season 5 would be split into two parts consisting of eight episodes each. On June 22, 2020, the official Lucifer Twitter account announced August 21, 2020, as the premiere date for the first part of the season.
Chloe deals with the absence of Lucifer in her life, only for his twin brother Michael to arrive and turn the lives of everyone close to Lucifer upside down bad enough to force Lucifer to leave Hell. At the same time, Ella has something good happen in her life and Maze begins having an existential crisis.
God plans to pass his divine powers onto one of his children so that they can run the Universe. To this end, Michael has gained the support from the rest of the angels, while Lucifer sees this as the chance to fix what he believes to be wrong with the world. At the same time, Chloe and Linda use this opportunity to tell God what a poor father he's been to Lucifer.
- Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar (16 episodes) & Michael (9 episodes)
- Lauren German as Chloe Decker (15 episodes) and Jack Monroe (1 episode)
- Kevin Alejandro as Dan Espinoza (14 episodes) & Willy Kincannon (1 episode)
- D.B. Woodside as Amenadiel (15 episodes) & Melvin the Magnificent (1 episode)
- Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen (16 episodes) & Lilith (1 episode)
- Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez (15 episodes) & Mr. Stompanato (1 episode)
- Rachael Harris as Linda Martin (15 episodes) & Gertie (1 episode)
Special Guest Star
- Scarlett Estevez as Trixie Espinoza (5 episodes)
- Genevieve Gauss as Cacuzza (3 episodes)
- Alexander Koch as Pete Daily (3 episodes)
- Dennis Haysbert as God (5 episodes)
- Joel Rush as Zadkiel (3 episodes)
- Jeremiah Birkett as Lee Garner
- Sharon Osbourne as Herself
- L. Scott Caldwell as Lilith
- Alexandra Grossi as Adriana Nassar
- Tom Welling as Marcus Pierce (achieve footage)
- Inbar Lavi as Eve
- Kimia Behpoornia as Gabriel
- Vinessa Vidotto as Remiel
- Rebecca De Mornay as Penelope Decker
- Miles Burris as Jophiel
- Ginifer King as Saraqael
- Michael Voltaggio as Himself
- Rob Benedict as Vincent Le Mec
- David Buglione as Ibriel
- Kellina Rutherford as Raziel
- Charlene Yi as Azrael
- Chris Payne Gilbert as John Decker
- This season originally had 10 episodes, but was pushed up to 16.
- On March 13, 2020, production was shut down indefinitely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lesley-Ann Brandt confirmed that only part of the finale was left to film.
- As of April 2021, it was confirmed the second half of the fifth season would air May 28th.
- This is the first season where Tom Ellis served as an Executive Producer.
- Aimee Garcia confirmed that God would be staying on Earth during the second part, being confused and unfamiliar with human biology.
- The events of Season 5 takes place between June 3rd 2019- February 7th 2020.
- Two versions of the DVD release have different information. The first uses the Premise on this page. The second uses one more related to Really Sad Devil Guy.