Season 5 is the fifth season of Lucifer. On June 7, 2019, Netflix announced that they picked up the fifth season, which would be its last season. However, on June 12, 2020, the cast signed on for a sixth season, which was officially announced on June 23, 2020. On October 29, 2019, Tom Ellis confirmed that Season 5 would be split into two parts consisting of eight episodes each.  On June 22, 2020, the official Lucifer Twitter account announced August 21, 2020, as the premiere date for the first part of the season.
Premise[edit | edit source]
Part 1: Chloe deals with the absence of Lucifer in her life, only for his twin brother Michael to arrive and turn the lives of everyone close to Lucifer upside down bad enough to force Lucifer to leave Hell. At the same time, Ella has something good happen in her life and Maze begins having an existential crisis.
Part 2: God is planning to pass his divine powers onto one of his children so that they can run the Universe. To this end, Michael has gained support from the rest of the Angels, while Lucifer sees this as a chance to correct what he believes to be wrong with the world. At the same time, Chloe and Linda get a chance to tell God just how poor a parent he's been to Lucifer.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Starring[edit | edit source]
- Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar (16 episodes) & Michael (9 episodes)
- Lauren German as Chloe Decker (15 episodes) and Jack Monroe (1 episode)
- Kevin Alejandro as Dan Espinoza (14 episodes) & Willy (1 episode)
- D.B. Woodside as Amenadiel (15 episodes) & Melvin the Magnificent (1 episode)
- Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen (16 episodes) & Lilith (1 episode)
- Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez (15 episodes) & Mr. Stompanato (1 episode)
- Rachael Harris as Linda Martin (15 episodes) & Gertie (1 episode)
Recurring[edit | edit source]
- Scarlett Estevez as Trixie Espinoza (5 episodes)
- Dennis Haysbert as God (5 episodes)
- Alexander Koch as Pete Daily (3 episodes)
Guest[edit | edit source]
- Matthew Bohrer as Donovan Glover
- L. Scott Caldwell as Lilith
- Tricia Helfer as Shirley Monroe and Goddess
- Inbar Lavi as Eve (2 episodes)
- Brianne Davis as Detective Dancer
- Rob Benedict as Vincent Le Mec
- Kimia Behpoornia as Gabriel
- Joel Rush as Zadkiel
- Miles Burris as Jophiel
- Ginifer King as Saraqael
- David Anthony Buglione as Ibriel
- Kellina Rutherford as Raziel
- Michael Voltaggio as Himself
Episodes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This season originally had 10 episodes, but was pushed up to 16.
- On March 13, 2020, production was shut down indefinitely due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lesley-Ann Brandt confirmed that only part of the finale was left to film.
- As of April 2021, it was confirmed the second half of the fifth season would air May 28th.
- This is the first season where Tom Ellis served as an Executive Producer.
- Aimee Garcia confirmed that God would be staying on Earth during the second part, being confused and unfamiliar with human biology.
- The events of Season 5 takes place between June 3rd 2019- February 7th 2020.
Media[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ‘Lucifer’ Renewed For Fifth & Final Season By Netflix, Deadline Hollywood
- Flash, Supergirl and More WBTV Series Shut Down Amid Coronavirus Crisis