Lucifer toys with a murder victim while Chloe and Maze investigate the death. Meanwhile, Amenadiel cleans up the club, and Linda mothers a genius.
Lucifer visits one of the new arrivals in Hell, explaining that he is in Hell, and has been murdered numerous times already whilst being stuck within an endless loop in which he re-lives his death as punishment for his crimes. Meanwhile, topside in Los Angeles, Chloe, Ella and Maze work to solve the murder. Ella explains that she is angry that Lucifer ghosted her to “see family”, whilst both Maze and Chloe attempt to deal with the pain all whilst keeping his true location a secret.
Lucifer takes a keen interest in the case when he realises that the man died in Los Angeles, and it is highly likely that Chloe will be on the case. Lucifer explains that as the ruler of Hell, he is in a unique position to help him solve the murder. The two set out to solve the murder.
Amenadiel, has taken up Lucifer’s job at the helm of Lux, and is keen to change the reputation. He notices a drug deal taking place in the distance and rushes to end it. The following morning, he reports this to Dan, citing that there is a real crime taking place that the two of them could end.
Simultaneously, Lucifer begins working on the case at the same time as Chloe and Maze. The latter two attend an elite poker game hosted by “Dirty Doug”, in which they question Doug over the loans he hands out and what they often mean for the recipients. When people at the game begin realising that they are with the LAPD, one of Doug’s men begins running, causing both Chloe and Maze to chase him. Eventually, he is hit by a car and killed, allowing Lucifer to send a message, via a demon, to the surface, citing that “it's safe where you stored it” — Chloe is confused by this but is warmed by the sign from Lucifer.
Lucifer quickly grows tired of helping solve the murder and, believing to have done his part, announces that he is to go back to rule Hell and end the charade of solving the murder. Lucifer takes pity on Lee and decides to help him, taking him back to the root of his Hell loop: his sister’s baby shower. It was the last family gathering before his parents died. Lee never joined the party because he didn't want to disappoint them by being close due to his criminal life.
Meanwhile, Chloe finally figures out the message from Lucifer, and explains to Maze that they need to visit a storage locker owned by Lee. When they arrive, they find Lee’s sister, Meg, waiting for them. She explains about the safe, and further explains that she misses Lee; a sentiment that both Chloe and Maze relate to Lucifer. Maze kisses Chloe on a misread signal, and Chloe realises that they’ve been using the partnership to fill the void left by Lucifer.
Doug's men attack Chloe and Meg, thinking they have the money Lee owed; the safe was empty. Meg laughs at their idiocy; they knew Doug couldn't hold onto his money. A shootout ensues, which sends a shooter to hell. While Lucifer is snapping at Lee for comparing their lives, a demon brings the shooter; Lucifer learns of Chloe's plight.
Lucifer helps Chloe take out Doug’s men, explaining that things are different now and that time isn’t linear in Hell; he isn't the same old devil she knew. Whilst it has been two months on Earth, thousands have passed in Hell. Afterwards, it is shown that Lucifer told Lee that he will not return to Earth, therefore it is unknown who has returned in his stead.
- Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar & Michael
- Lauren German as Chloe Decker
- Kevin Alejandro as Dan Espinoza
- D.B. Woodside as Amenadiel
- Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen
- Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez
- Rachael Harris as Linda Martin
- Scarlett Estevez as Trixie Espinoza
- Jeremiah Birkett as Lee Garner
- Chasten Harmon as Megan Garner
- Michael Graziadei Doug Sargisian
- Phillip Alexander as Kyle
- Erik Audé as Rod
- Kelsey Chock as Kirby Jones
- Patrick Conboy as Club Guy
- Lauren J. Daggett as Cocktail Waitress
- Mark Elias as Runner (Vernon Gill)
- Brian Majestic as Neighbor
- Sierra Nowak as Party Girl
Notes and Trivia
- The episode's title is said by Lee Garner
- According to Lucifer, it has been thousands of years in Hell for only two months on Earth. If the only numerical comparison that was made back in Season 1which would be about 1 year every second were to taken into account, Lucifer would've been in Hell for over 5 million years.
- It should be noted that time in Hell relative to earth is intentionally vague, therefore such calculation isn't actually possible.
- In this episode, we learned Mr. Said-out-Bitch's actual name which is Lee Garner and this is so far his longest appearance. The previous appearances are only in the first scene of the first episode of the season 2, 3 and 4.