Lilith was the first wife of Adam. They had an unhappy marriage, and she was cast out of the Garden of Eden by God. As she left, she took a stone from the garden and had it fashioned onto a ring as a reminder of who she was and who she chose to be. After their seperation, God created Eve for Adam.
In 1946 New York City, Lilith was a Cabaret singer using the name "Lily Rose" who contacted Lucifer to get his help in finding her ring which had been stolen. After finally retrieving the ring, Lilith chose to give up her immortality and placed it inside the ring. She gave the ring to Lucifer stating that she wanted to try connecting with humanity and could only do that if she knew her life could end.
Years later Mazikeen hears Lilith's story through Trixie, who had tricked it out of Lucifer. Maze tracks her mother down to an apartment and discovers a now elderly Lilith. Maze who demands to know why she and her siblings were abandoned. Lilith states that it was to make them strong and that it worked. Maze then leaves in disgust. She also says she abdoned them to Lucifer because he needed an army.
Sometime later, Maze returns to the apartment and is told her mother had died several days earlier.
According to Maze, she's not much of a mother and if how Maze describes her childhood, this is well justified. It seems as though instead of nurturing and caring for her children, as a mother should do, she chose to instead train them to be killing and torturing machines. However, this itself is her own version of protecting them and making them strong, as, in her eyes, if her children are never attached to anything, they can never be abandoned or betrayed. Lilith states that while she doesn’t have many pleasant memories of her time with Adam, she loved the Garden of Eden, taking a stone from it to serve as a reminder that she doesn't need Adam or God . After meeting Gertie and learning her motivations, Lilith takes an interest in making an emotional connection with humans but realizes that she can't do that while keeping her immortality, so she gives it up. When confronted by Mazikeen, Lilith showed no interest in speaking to her daughter and seemed to regret her choice of giving up her immortality.
Powers and Abilities Edit
- Immortality (formerly): Lilith was gifted with Immortality which she eventually sacrificed in order to find a purpose in her life.
- Beast Taming: As mentioned before, Lilith can tame beasts and force them into submission. How far this ability reaches is unknown, but since she was able to tame the beasts of the night, she can possibly tame any creature.
|#6||"Orgy Pants to Work"||Mentioned|
|#4||"It Never Ends Well for the Chicken"||Appears|
- Eve holds the title of the first woman, implying that Lilith is not human.
- When she was immortal and younger-looking, Lilith was presented as Maze's mirror image in Lucifer's story. However, the posters of Lily Rose's show clearly show that the real appearance of the young Lilith was not the spitting image of Mazikeen.
- Lilith lived 74 years after giving up her immortality.
- Her story in the Lucifer comics is pretty much the same as the TV series in that she is the mother of Mazikeen and the other Lilim.
- She was mentioned in a deleted scene from season 2.
- If giving up her immortality was her only regret, Lilith likely didn't go to hell.
- Though Maze's rage implies Lilith didn't have a soul; meaning that Lilith no longer exists.
- However the timing of hell no longer needing a warden with Lilith's death suggests she may have gone to hell in a more administrative capacity, finally being required to look after her chiildren.
- It's unknown if reclaiming her immortality from the ring would have restored her youth.
Lilith • Gaudium