History[edit | edit source]
Lilith was Adam's first wife. However, Lilith never loved Adam despite his love for her. When Lilith refused to obey Adam and "his father" she was cast out of the Garden of Eden. When she left she took a stone from the garden and had it fashioned into a ring as a reminder of who she was and who she chose to be. After the separation God created Eve for Adam.
Lilith tamed the beasts of the night and went on to birth a species of Demon called the Lilim, which includes Mazikeen, Dromos and Squee. Immediately after their birth she sent her children to Hell to act as an army for Lucifer Morningstar.
In 1946 New York City Lilith was a Cabaret singer using the name "Lily Rose" . She contacted Lucifer for help in finding her ring which had been stolen. After retrieving the ring Lilith chose to give up her immortality and placed it inside the ring. She then gave the ring to Lucifer stating that she "wanted to try connecting with humanity and could only do that if she knew her life could end."
Many years later Mazikeen hears Lilith's story through Trixie - who earlier - tricked it out of Lucifer. Maze tracks her mother down and discovers a now-elderly Lilith. Maze demands to know why she and her siblings were abandoned and Lilith states that it was to "make them strong and that it worked." She also says she sent them to Lucifer because he needed an army. Maze then leaves in disgust.
Sometime later, Maze returns to the apartment and is told her mother had died several days earlier.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Lilith is an elegant woman and sure of herself. According to Mazikeen, Lilith is a fearless woman even when she gave birth to Maze and her siblings. She's just not the "mothering" type. The way Maze describes her childhood supports this fact. Rather than nurturing and caring for her children, Lilith chose to train them to be killing and torturing machines. This is her own version of protecting them and making them strong. Because if her children are never attached to anything, they can never be abandoned or betrayed.
Lilith states that while she doesn’t have many pleasant memories of her time with Adam, she loved the Garden of Eden taking a stone from it to serve as a reminder that she doesn't need Adam or God. After meeting Gertie and learning her motivations Lilith takes an interest in making an emotional connection with humans. However, she realizes that she can't do that while keeping her immortality. So she gives it up.When confronted by Mazikeen, Lilith showed no interest in speaking to her daughter and seemed to regret her choice of giving up her immortality.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Powers[edit | edit source]
- Demon Physiology: As formerly a demon, Lilith possess several Powers and Abilities that her children, the demons, possesses, such as, Superhuman Strength, Speed, Stamina, Immortality and Durability.
- Supernatural Strength: As demon, possibly Lilith possessed Supernatural Strength superior to human.
- Supernatural Durability
- Supernatural Stamina: Lilith possessed incredibly a "Tremendous Stamina" like Lucifer and Mazikeen, as she doesn't need to eat or drink.
- Immortality (formerly): Lilith was gifted with immortality, which she eventually sacrificed in order to find a purpose in her life.
- Beast Taming: As mentioned before, Lilith can tame beasts and force them into submission. How far this ability reaches is unknown, but since she was able to tame the beasts of the night, she can possibly tame any creature.
- Accelerated Healing Factor
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Singing: Lilith was the best cabaret singer of New York in 1946, she has shown to be a remarkably talented singer. She sings many times in her club "The Garden". Her repertoire includes "I wanna be Evil" and "Someone to Watch over me" along with Lucifer.
- Bilingualism: Lilith can speak and understand English and Spanish, as she met Hernan Cortez and several of his men, however, it is unknown if she can speak other languages.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|#6||"Orgy Pants to Work"||Mentioned|
|#4||"It Never Ends Well for the Chicken"||Appears|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Eve holds the title of the first woman, implying that Lilith is not human.
- In Jewish folklore, Lilith is known as Adam's first wife, who was created at the same time and from the same dirt as Adam, Lilith also is a female demon that to lurk in deserted places or ruins and attack babies.
- When she was immortal and younger-looking, Lilith was presented as Maze's mirror image in Lucifer's story. However, the posters of Lily Rose's show clearly show that the real appearance of the young Lilith was not the spitting image of Mazikeen.
- Lilith lived 74 years after giving up her immortality.
- Her story in the Lucifer comics is pretty much the same as the TV series in that she is the mother of Mazikeen and the other Lilim.
- Lilith met Moctezuma, Old Aztec Emperor of Mexico, and Hernan Cortes, the Spanish conquistador who explored Central America, overthrew Montezuma and his vast Aztec empire and won Mexico for the crown of Spain.
- In the Lucifer comics, Lilith sent her children the Lilim to construct the Silver City for Ibriel and other angels, while in Lucifer series, Lilith sent the Lilim, her children, as an army for Lucifer.
- She was mentioned in a deleted scene from season 2.
- According to Lilith, a group of priests attempted kill her and cast her into a volcano, however, being the oldest demon and an immortal, Lilith survived.
- If giving up her immortality was her only regret, Lilith likely didn't go to Hell.
- Though Maze's rage implies Lilith didn't have a soul; meaning that Lilith no longer exists.
- However, the timing of Hell no longer needing a warden with Lilith's death suggests she may have gone to Hell in a more administrative capacity, finally being required to look after her children.
- It's unknown if reclaiming her immortality from the ring would have restored her youth.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
Lilith • Gaudium