|“||My little monkey's gonna be a star.||„|
| — John to Petey|
in "My Little Monkey"
John Decker was a police officer with the LAPD. He married Penelope, who was a famous 80's sci-fi movie star. At some point, they struggled to conceive, Amenediel was sent incognito to bless them, and later they had a daughter, Chloe. John was murdered in an apparent robbery gone wrong when Chloe was 19. Because of Penelope's fame, paparazzi invaded his funeral and Chloe ended up punching out Nick Hofmeister's camera. Shortly after, Chloe left acting and decided to join the LAPD.
John's murder was actually not a robbery but an intentional assassination. His murder had been orchestrated by a prison warden named Perry Smith. Smith also arranged for Joe Fields, an innocent man, to take the fall for the murder in return for money. Sixteen years later, Chloe arrested Perry Smith after finding proof that Fields could not have committed the crime. However, with Goddess's help (while posing as the human attorney Charlotte Richards), Smith got acquitted. Later, Dan and Maze inform the Russian mob that Smith was responsible for Boris Sokolov's murder and where to find him. The mob kidnap and murder Smith.
In creating an alternate universe, God saved Decker's life by moving the bullet a few inches to the right. Eventually, Decker became a detective, holding the rank of lieutenant while Chloe stayed an actor.
|#2||"Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil."||Mentioned|
|#7||"My Little Monkey"||Appears|
|#10||"Quid Pro Ho"||Mentioned|
|#7||"Off the Record"||Mentioned|
|#26||"Once Upon a Time"||Appears|
|To edit this section, go to Chloe Decker/Family.|
|John Decker†||Penelope Decker|
|Chloe Decker||Dan Espinoza|
- Solid lines denote parent-child blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote romantic relationships
- † denote deceased individuals
- John's death was the essential moment that shaped Lucifer and Chloe coming together and Lucifer becoming police consultant. In "Once Upon a Time", God revealed John's death set about a chain of good events in the lives of those close to Chloe.
- The actor, Chris Payne Gilbert, is married to Mazikeen actress, Lesley-Ann Brandt.