|“||Anyway, they became Mum and Dad. They had a whole litter of kids, including yours truly. And they built a house. They called it Heaven. They were happy.||„|
| — Lucifer to Linda Martin|
in "Everything's Coming Up Lucifer"
Heaven is a spiritual realm ruled by God and populated by angels and the souls of deceased, righteous mortals. Lucifer used to reside in Heaven before he was cast out and condemned to rule Hell for eternity by his father.
Not much is known about Heaven's history, other than it was created by God as a dwelling place for him, his angels and, later on, the souls of the deceased good people. It is usually associated with the upwards direction from Earth, the opposite of Hell.
When both God and Goddess started neglecting their family, Lucifer felt so forsaken that he rebelled against God and started a war in Heaven. When Lucifer lost the war, God cast him out of Heaven and into Hell as punishment.
Like the cities on Earth, Heaven has a city of its own, called the Silver City.
Throughout the SeriesEdit
- As Amenadiel demonstrates, an angel can take the soul of a dead human to Heaven personally.
- Lucifer calls it a "first class ticket", implying dying normally is like riding coach.
- Eve explains Heaven is peaceful and dull compared to Earth. They also have TV, Eve mentions they have ESPN.
- Amenadiel implies the deceased can watch their family from Heaven, as he notes Chloe's father is proud of her.
- According to Lucifer, animals also seem to have an afterlife, claiming specifically that "all dogs go to Heaven".
- Remiel implies Heaven is like Earth to some degree, as they can hunt stags.
- Amenadiel revealed self-judgement affects all living beings upon his return.