Gods are nigh-omnipotent celestial beings of extreme age who are responsible for the creation of the universe and all of its contents. They are the only beings that stand above angels. There are only three known gods, God, Goddess and Lucifer Morningstar.
God and Goddess were two gods who fell in love with each other. According to Lucifer, them having sex caused the creation of the universe. They had many children together, whom they called angels. For them to happily dwell, the two celestials also created an eternal realm, which would later be known as Heaven.
Many years later, God started focusing on a new project, humanity. God's project caused Mom to be become distant and they both neglected their family. Goddess despised humans and wished for their undoing. Feeling neglected, Lucifer acted out and rebelled. Angered by Lucifer's rebellion, God wanted to destroy him, but his mother convinced him to banish Lucifer from Heaven and into Hell instead.
Several thousands of years later, Goddess' hatred for humans grew even more. She caused floods and plagues because she was angry. For that reason, God cast her into Hell, as well as appointing Lucifer as her warden. Since from Lucifer's perspective his mother had remained indifferent when God cast him out, so did the angel when his mother was banished and assigned Mazikeen to torture her.
Fast-forwarding thousands of years in the future, Goddess was able to use her extremely limited strength to escape Hell and enter the quotidian universe. There, she ventured to Earth, where she took possession of various deceased bodies. After three days, she found Lucifer while in the body of Charlotte Richards. Lucifer eventually used the Flaming Sword to send his mom into a void to create a new universe for herself, something that she consented to rather than allow a war that would kill many of her children.
A few years later, God returned to Earth to stop the squabbling between his children. Convinced by Michael that his powers were failing, God decided to retire and choose a successor. Lucifer was able to make contact with Goddess who briefly returned from her new universe to make peace with her husband. God chose to retire to Goddess' universe and left the angels to determine who would be his replacement. After Lucifer sacrificed himself while in Heaven to save Chloe Decker, he became the new God.
Originally, both God and Goddess shared the following powers:
- Nigh-Omnipotence: Gods are more powerful than all other species. They can easily destroy any angel or demon, even the most powerful ones, such as Lucifer or Amenadiel.
- Extreme strength: Gods possess enormous levels of physical strength, surpassing all other species. God was able to grip Dan's hand with enormous strength that caused him great pain. Goddess instinctively pushed a robber during a brief struggle with him sending him flying across a parking lot and into the wall, which effectively killed him. Later on, she grew strong enough to effortlessly lift Amenadiel into the air.
- Invulnerability: Gods are invulnerable to anything lower than them.
- Immortality: Gods live forever and cannot be killed by most means.
- Resurrection: Gods can resurrect the dead. God was able to resurrect Lucifer following his brief death at the hands of Malcolm Graham. Goddess, after regaining a great deal of her power was able to resurrect her deceased vessel Charlotte Richards as she left for a void.
- Flight: Gods can traverse interdimensional barriers, such as the ones between Heaven, Hell, and Earth. He traveled from Heaven to Earth to stop Lucifer, Amenadiel and Michael's fight.
- Weather Manipulation: When Lucifer and Michael were arguing during the family dinner, God created a thunderstorm in His displeasure.
- Reality Warping: God is able to control reality, as He was able to make music play, and shine colorful lights out of nowhere. He was also able to make Himself win by hitting each hole on the first try while playing golf. He was able to explode Dan and then instantly put him back together.
- Mental Manipulation: God made people, and human corpses, participate in impromptu musical dance numbers, without them being disturbed by that, and then removed all their memories. Angels seem to have a slight immunity to this, as Lucifer expressed confusion when it occurred and remembered it happening, with him later stating that he just got caught up in the music. However, Amenadiel seems as susceptible to this as the humans around him. After exploding Dan, He made it so that all humans in the surroundings forgot it happened, although Dan seemed to have trace memories of the experience.
- Power Stripping: After listening Lucifer's advice, God decided to become human and put His power into Charlie's toy. After finishing His day as human, He took back His power, and became God once again.
- Molecular Combustion: God was able to kill Dan by making him explode.
- Chronokinesis: God was able to unfreeze time upon His arrival on Earth. After Lucifer and other people finished their musical dance number on football field, He reversed time and returned all of them to the positions they were in before they started dancing. God reversed time to put Dan back together after killing him.
- Portal Creation: After being contacted by Gabriel, Goddess managed to open a portal back from her universe, although it was stated that she only had enough power to accomplish this feat just once.
- Corporeal Manifestation: During her brief return to her original universe, Goddess was able to manifest in the form of Charlotte Richards despite not using the woman, who was once again dead, as her vessel.
- Nigh-Omniscience: Gods possess nearly an infinite amount of knowledge, being aware of nearly everything that happens.
Goddess has lost most of her powers, however, she still possesses the following abilities:
- Cosmic Awareness: While she no longer possesses nigh-omniscience, her knowledge from her many years remains intact.
- Vessel possession: Goddess can possess bodies of recently deceased humans to interact with beings on Earth.
- Superhuman strength: Although lower than her original level, Goddess seems to have regained a portion of her superhuman strength. She was able to easily fight off a robber and send him flying into a wall. Later she was able to effortlessly lift Amenadiel into the air and throw Lucifer into a car.
- Other Gods: Gods are vulnerable and can be killed by each other.
- Azrael's blade: Azrael's blade is able to wipe a god from existence. However, it is unclear if a god must be weakened for the blade to work.
- Self-Actualization: God has admitted that He has been losing control of his power for some time, resulting in several accidents during his time on Earth. However, it later turned out that He was doing this to Himself due to Michael's manipulations, as He is subject to self-judgment, just like mortals and angels are.
In her weakened state, Goddess has additional weaknesses:
- Angels: Angels are more powerful than her and can injure her.
- Demons: Demons can torture her, however their ability to torture her are limited when she has no physical form.
|To edit this section, go to Celestial Being/Family.|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships