After a collector of classic cars is killed, Lucifer and Chloe search for the culprit - - as well as some closure to their relationship.
Wanting closure with Chloe, who needs a vintage car to get into an exclusive Automobile enthusiasts club for a case, Lucifer agrees to help in their "final case". Ella learns about Eve, going to Lux to warn her off, but Eve charms her and they take drugs together. Chloe also meets Eve, just as her suspect, Marco Franklin, holds everyone at Lux hostage with a bomb, shooting Lucifer in front of Chloe. Dan and Maze work to satisfy the killer’s demand to find his wife, Leona; while Dan sends a bad sandwich to Marco. Chloe, understanding the sandwich's context, realizes SWAT will breach from the Southwest. Ella is given cocaine to be stimulated enough to defuse the bomb. Leona is found, but upon entering Lux she stabs Marco, revealing she planned a robbery but Marco took the fall. Chloe tricks Leona to the southwest corner of Lux, and is stunned by SWAT's entering, as Ella defuses the bomb. Chloe throws herself onto Lucifer to protect him. Lucifer says this won’t be their last case, and he acknowledges Eve is his girlfriend. However, Eve is shocked to learn only Chloe makes him vulnerable. Ella also further loses faith in God.
- Genevieve Gauss as Officer Cacuzza
Notes and Trivia
- Lucifer is the one who says the title name in the episode.
- It's revealed that Eve's resurrection was possible because she was created directly by the hand of God. This allowed her to slip right back into her old body after escaping from Heaven and be reborn. Amenadiel warns Eve that having rejected Heaven, she may not be allowed back in when her mortal life ends once again, but she is unconcerned.
- After being shot in the gut and struggling to survive Lucifer says the episode title in response to Eve kissing Ella.
- This is the second time that Lucifer has been shot in the gut, first by Malcolm. However, this time, he is able to hold onto life.