|“||I've always been a bit of a rule breaker.||„|
|— Eve to Lucifer in "All About Eve"|
Eve is a recurring character in Lucifer, appearing as a central character in Season 4 as Lucifer Morningstar's love interest and a minor character in Seasons 5 and 6. Eve was created by God, and was the "Original Sinner." She is the second wife of the late Adam, and the mother of the late Cain, Abel and Seth.
Eve was created to be Adam’s new mate after he separated from his first wife Lilith. At some point, she and Adam met and they both ended up having a fling with Lucifer while still married to one another. She later went on to give birth to three sons by Adam, one named Cain, the second named Abel and the third named Seth. When Adam and Eve died on Earth they went to Heaven and became the first human residents of the Silver City.
Eve spent an eternity married to Adam in Heaven, trying her best to be the woman he wanted her to be but never succeeding. Somehow, Eve discovered a way to escape from Heaven and was able to slip back into her old body, resulting in Eve's rebirth due to her being directly created by the hand of God. Awakening in a dusty old tomb, Eve boarded a plane to LA in search of Lucifer.
Throughout the Series
Having escaped Heaven, Eve tracks Lucifer down to his club Lux in "O, Ye of Little Faith, Father", leading to their adventure in "All About Eve" where she quickly tries to be his girlfriend again. She also kisses Ella and Maze tries to get with her.
In "Expire Erect" after many nights of sex, and a bonding moment, Eve and Lucifer officially resume their old relationship. However, this soon comes to an end in "Super Bad Boyfriend" when Lucifer realizes that what Eve wanted was his old self and that both of them are changing who they are to fit each other. After several indirect tries and mentioning the dire consequences of Kinley's prophecy not working, Lucifer finally snaps at Eve and tells her that they are over.
In "Save Lucifer", Eve is unable to accept Lucifer dumping her and is unable to take the hint that she's not wanted in his life again. She has Maze free William Kinley to get him to say the prophecy is nonsense, but Maze runs out of patience with Eve and tells her to accept that Lucifer didn't love her. Manipulated by Kinley, Eve gets the idea to summon the demons of hell to convince Lucifer back, unknowingly fulfilling the prophecy as she kills Kinley in an attempt of self-defense, while Kinley serves as a vessel for Dromos, who she sends to find Lucifer.
In "Who's da New King of Hell?", Eve finally gets snapped at by Lucifer and Chloe, because of her desire to have Lucifer. She redeems herself by helping prevent Charlie from being forced to take Lucifer's place by the demons. Seeing that she is too out of touch with people's feelings, Eve decides to explore Earth and discover who she truly is.
In "A Little Harmless Stalking", Maze unexpectedly runs into Eve while investigating a murder, with Eve claiming she took up bounty hunting because she discovered it was the most fun. Eventually, however, she admits she took up bounty hunting as a roundabout way of running into Maze, who she has come to realize she loves. Maze is happy to reciprocate but upon offering Eve a ring that will keep her immortal, Eve reveals she does not plan on living forever. Maze is unable to accept this and leaves.
In "A Chance at a Happy Ending", Eve is at Lux to meet up with a man she met online named Steve. To her surprise, "Steve" turns out to be Maze, who tells her she does not care if Eve dies, she just wants to be with her. Later on Eve, armed with a shotgun, joins Lucifer, Maze, Amenadiel and several demons in facing off against Michael and his army of angels during the vote to determine who will be the new God. Eve holds her own against the angels until Lucifer becomes the new God after sacrificing himself to resurrect Chloe. Eve then happily joined the gathered Angels in bowing before Lucifer.
In "My Best Fiend's Wedding", Maze and Eve get married, but their wedding is interrupted by the arrival of Adam who has finally realized that his wife is gone after a year and a half. Adam attempts to get Eve back, even kidnapping Linda who is their officiant, but he comes to accept that their marriage is over and gives Eve his blessing. Eve rejects Adam's offer to walk her down the aisle, but allows him to remain for the wedding and the reception.
In "Partners 'Til the End", Maze and Eve bounty hunt together as a married couple before getting a call that Aurora Morningstar has been born. The two women excitedly attend to Chloe as she arrives home with her daughter, presenting the baby with a gift of a knife.
Eve is an energetic party girl who is bored of her marriage to Adam and is looking to return to a time where she found them unpredictable and exciting. She also deeply misses Lucifer. However, her fondness for Lucifer is almost entirely based on who he was when they first met in the garden, which she fails to realize Lucifer had changed after all the years he spent in Hell. Her obsession is so strong that she did not realize his initial attempts to break up, and when they finally split she tried everything she can to get back together, including summoning demons to convince him to return to Hell so they can live as King and Queen. Because of this obsession, she fails to notice Maze's attempts at romance. She is bubbly.
While out of touch with the humans that came after her, Eve does try her best to fit in. Eve seems to have an almost child-like mentality. This childishness might be due to the fact that as one of the first humans on the planet, Eve did not have much experience in interacting with the negative feelings/traits of other human beings. Being in Heaven didn't help her mature, as it's peaceful there.
Despite all her recklessness, Eve only wants what is best for Lucifer. She tried her best to be good to Lucifer, while she understandably could not believe the break-up request by Lucifer, she did all she could, such as putting up with Lucifer with his dirtiness, made friends with the guys Lucifer found to ruin their date, etc in "Super Bad Boyfriend". She is also very charming and friendly, even with Chloe.
Both Ella and Trixie initially wanted to hate Eve, but quickly warmed up after hanging out with her. She quickly bonded with Linda over their shared understanding of Lucifer's tendencies and earned Chloe's trust by protecting Trixie from assassins sent to kill Lucifer and helping out on a case.
After Eve realizes that she had made a huge mistake; she blamed herself for Charlie getting kidnapped. The event also made her think about her relationship with Lucifer and Maze, hence she decided to leave to find out who she really is, alone.
Despite breaking up with Lucifer, she still sided with him no matter what. She joined him his fight against Michael for God's replacement and kneeled before him after he became God, a smile plastered on her face on how far Lucifer had come.
Powers and Abilities
Aside from rebirth, Eve has no other powers and is an ordinary human.
- Rebirth: Since Eve was created directly by the hand of God, she was capable of "slipping right back" into her old remains, causing them to revert into her original youthful appearance.
- Vast Knowledge: Since Eve had gotten bored due to centuries of being in paradise in Heaven, she started meeting and talking with any deceased righteous human that arrived in Silver City, and listened to their life stories. By doing so, she acquired an incredible amount of knowledge from them.
- Psychology: Eve was able to perform a sketchy psychological assessment on Chloe after talking with her for about a minute, being able to tell she is sad about something. She was also able to deduce that Lucifer tries to avoid Chloe because she rejected him.
- Multilingualism: Part of the knowledge Eve acquired includes the ability to understand and speak in multiple languages, including modern ones such as English in addition to Spanish and her native Adamic.
- Fighting skills: Eve is surprisingly adept in fighting, being able to keep up with Maze, who herself is an expert fighter, and even getting a couple of hits off. Eve is also shown to be skilled with improvising weapons, as she resorted to using a kettlebell against Maze.
- Marksmanship: Eve has shown to be surprisingly adept when it comes to using firearms. She has frequently used a shotgun loaded with bean bag rounds against her opponents, having been swift enough and accurate enough to incapacitate Angels even momentarily.
|#1||"Everything's Coming Up Lucifer"||Mentioned|
|#4||"Lady Parts"||Indirect mention|
|#2||"Somebody's Been Reading Dante's Inferno"||Absent|
|#3||"O, Ye of Little Faith, Father"||Appears|
|#4||"All About Eve"||Appears|
|#6||"Orgy Pants to Work"||Appears|
|#7||"Devil Is as Devil Does"||Appears|
|#8||"Super Bad Boyfriend"||Appears|
|#10||"Who's da New King of Hell?"||Appears|
|#1||"Really Sad Devil Guy"||Mentioned|
|#2||"Lucifer! Lucifer! Lucifer!"||Mentioned|
|#13||"A Little Harmless Stalking"||Appears|
|#14||"Nothing Lasts Forever"||Mentioned|
|#16||"A Chance at a Happy Ending"||Appears|
|#1||"Nothing Ever Changes Around Here"||Appears|
|#5||"The Murder of Lucifer Morningstar"||Appears|
|#7||"My Best Fiend's Wedding"||Appears|
|#8||"Save the Devil, Save the World"||Mentioned|
|#10||"Partners 'Til the End"||Appears|
- In the Bible, Eve is the second human, (first woman) and the mother of Seth, Cain and Abel.
- She's annoyed that Adam's name always goes before hers.
- She was made from Adam's ribs, making her both his "daughter" and wife.
- She hates Lilith, Adam's first wife, because Adam still loved her and that from her perspective, God just created her to replace Lilith.
- Eve is queer. She has kissed both men and women on the show. Eve was in a relationship with Lucifer, and now she's married to Mazikeen.
- A noticeable trait with Eve is that she is mostly unaware that she suffers co-dependence, a psychological condition where a person cannot function without another.
- Possibly as a result of being created to serve as Adam's mate, Eve has a subconscious desire to mold herself into the perfect partner for whomever she is with. (Primarily shown when Lucifer tries repelling her with obnoxious habits, which she copies to get along with him again.) Even after leaving to try to find herself, Eve still shows elements of codependence, as she revealed she was only happy when with Maze when they had done bounty hunting together.
- Eve serves as the metaphorical "devil on the shoulder" in Lucifer's life during Season 4, as she constantly encourages him to give in to his old darker behavior.
- This is contrasted by Chloe, who serves as the "angel on the shoulder", who encourages Lucifer to not give in to his dark side and do the right thing.
- Eve explains that the myth of the apple being the forbidden fruit was inaccurate and that the fruit was more like a "banana", implying that the "forbidden fruit" was an incredibly sexual metaphor that got misinterpreted over the centuries.
- Even though she explains the myth the first thing we see Eve order is an Appletini which immediately links her to the popular belief of the fruit been an apple
- In the Bible, the forbidden fruit is not named. Educated research would be that the fruit should be a Rumman (Pomegranate), Figs, or Temir (Dates) which have a sexual connection.
- Before meeting with Lucifer again Eve wears all white and while with him she wears all red, even stating it as her favorite color, which is a visual representation of her purity then "contamination" from being with Lucifer. Similarly, she returns to wearing all white just after Lucifer breaks up with her.
- She told Maze in "A Little Harmless Stalking" that she doesn't want to live forever because of what immortality did to her son Cain.
- Maze is sure Eve will go back to Heaven when she dies again; noting how kind and pure Eve is.
- Eve origins from the Hebrew name חַוָּה (Chawwah), which was derived from the Hebrew word חָוָה (chawah) meaning "to breathe" or the related word חָיָה (chayah) meaning "to live".
Lucifer Morningstar • Chloe Decker • Dan Espinoza • Amenadiel • Mazikeen • Trixie Espinoza • Linda Martin • Malcolm Graham • Ella Lopez • Goddess • Charlotte Richards • Marcus Pierce • Eve • Michael • Aurora Morningstar