|“||I've always been a bit of a rule breaker.||„|
|— Eve to Lucifer in "All About Eve"|
History[edit | edit source]
Eve was created to be Adam’s new mate after he separated from his first wife Lilith. At some point, she and Adam met and they both ended up having a fling with Lucifer while still married to one another. She later went on to give birth to two sons by Adam one named Cain and the other named Abel. When Adam and Eve died on earth they went to Heaven and became the first human residents of the Silver City.
Eve spent an eternity married to Adam in Heaven, trying her best to be the woman he wanted her to be but never succeeding. Somehow Eve discovered a way to escape Heaven and was reborn on earth in her original youthful appearance.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Having escaped Heaven, Eve tracks Lucifer down to his club Lux in "O, Ye of Little Faith, Father", leading to their adventure in "All About Eve" where she quickly and tries to be his girlfriend again.
In "Expire Erect" after many nights of sex, and a bonding moment, Eve and Lucifer officially resume their old relationship. However, this soon comes to an end in "Super Bad Boyfriend" when Lucifer realizes that what Eve wanted was his old self and that both of them are changing who they are to fit each other. After several indirect tries and mentioning the dire consequences of Kinley's prophecy not working, Lucifer finally snaps at Eve and tells her that they are over.
In "Save Lucifer", Eve is unable to accept Lucifer dumping her and is unable to take the hint that she's not wanted in his life again. She has Maze free William Kinley to get him to say the prophecy is nonsense, but Maze runs out of patience with Eve and tells her to accept that Lucifer didn't love her. Manipulated by Kinley, Eve gets the idea to summon the demons of hell to convince Lucifer back, unknowingly fulfilling the prophecy as she kills Kinley in an attempt of self-defense, while Kinley serves as a vessel for Dromos, who she sends to find Lucifer.
In "Who's da New King of Hell?", Eve finally gets snapped at by Lucifer and Chloe, because of her desire to have Lucifer. She redeems herself by helping prevent Charlie from being forced to take Lucifer's place by the demons. Seeing that she is too out of touch with people's feelings, Eve decides to explore Earth and discover who she truly is.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Eve is an energetic party girl who is bored of her marriage to Adam and is looking to return to a time where she found them unpredictable and exciting. She also deeply misses Lucifer. However, her fondness for Lucifer is almost entirely based on who he was when they first met in the garden, which she fails to realize Lucifer had changed after all the years he spent in Hell. Her obsession is so strong that she did not realize his initial attempts to break up, and when they finally split she tried everything she can to get back together, including summoning demons to convince him to return to Hell so they can live as King and Queen. Because of this obsession, she fails to notice Maze's attempts at romance.
While out of touch with the humans that came after her, Eve does try her best to fit in. Eve seems to have an almost child-like mentality. This childishness might be due to the fact that as one of the first humans on the planet, Eve did not have much experience in interacting with the negative feelings/traits of other human beings. Being in Heaven didn't help her mature, as it's peaceful there.
Despite all her recklessness, Eve only wants what is best for Lucifer. She tried her best to be good to Lucifer, while she understandably could not believe the break-up request by Lucifer, she did all she could, such as putting up with Lucifer with his dirtiness, made friends with the guys Lucifer found to ruin their date, etc in "Super Bad Boyfriend". She is also very charming and friendly, even with Chloe.
Both Ella and Trixie initially wanted to hate Eve, but quickly warmed up after hanging out with her. She quickly bonded with Linda over their shared understanding of Lucifer's tendencies and earned Chloe's trust by protecting Trixie from assassins sent to kill Lucifer and helping out on a case.
After Eve realizes that she had made a huge mistake; she blamed herself for Charlie getting kidnapped. The event also made her think about her relationship with Lucifer and Maze, hence she decided to leave to find out who she really is, alone.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Powers[edit | edit source]
Aside from rebirth, Eve has no other powers and is an ordinary human.
- Rebirth: Since Eve was created directly by the hand of God, she was capable of "slipping right back" into her old remains, causing them to revert into her original youthful appearance.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Vast Knowledge: Since Eve had gotten bored due to centuries of being in paradise in Heaven, she started meeting and talking with any deceased righteous human that arrived in Silver City, and listened to their life stories. By doing so, she acquired an incredible amount of knowledge from them.
- Psychology: Eve was able to perform a sketchy psychological assessment on Chloe after talking with her for about a minute, being able to tell she is sad about something. She was also able to deduce that Lucifer tries to avoid Chloe because she rejected him.
- Multilingualism: Part of the knowledge Eve acquired includes the ability to understand and speak in multiple languages, including modern ones such as English in addition to Spanish and her native Adamic.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|#3||"O, Ye of Little Faith, Father"||Appears|
|#4||"All About Eve"||Appears|
|#6||"Orgy Pants to Work"||Appears|
|#7||"Devil Is as Devil Does"||Appears|
|#8||"Super Bad Boyfriend"||Appears|
|#10||"Who's da New King of Hell?"||Appears|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the Bible, Eve is the second human and the mother of Cain and Abel.
- She's annoyed that Adam's name always goes before hers.
- She is was made from Adam's ribs, making her both his daughter and wife.
- She hates Lilith, Adam's first wife, because Adam still loved her and that from her perspective, God just created her to replace Lilith.
- Eve is bisexual or pansexual, she has kissed openly many men and women, as she loved deeply Lucifer, and seemingly also love Mazikeen.
- A noticeable trait with Eve is that she is mostly unaware that she suffers co-dependence, a psychological condition where a person cannot function without another.
- Possibly as a result of being created to serve as Adam's mate, Eve has a subconscious desire to mold herself into the perfect partner for whomever she is with. (Primarily shown when Lucifer tries repelling her with obnoxious habits, which she copies to get along with him again.)
- Eve serves as the metaphorical "devil on the shoulder" in Lucifer's life during Season 4, as she constantly encourages him to give in to his old darker behavior.
- This is contrasted by Chloe, who serves as the "angel on the shoulder", who encourages Lucifer to not give in to his dark side and do the right thing.
- Eve explains that the myth of the apple being the forbidden fruit was inaccurate and that the fruit was more like a "banana", implying that the "forbidden fruit" was an incredibly sexual metaphor that got misinterpreted over the centuries.
- Even though she explains the myth the first thing we see Eve order is an Appletini which immediately links her to the popular belief of the fruit been an apple
- In the Bible, the forbidden fruit is not named. Educated research would be that the fruit should be a Rumman (Pomegranate), Figs, or Temir (Dates) which have a sexual connection.
- Before meeting with Lucifer again Eve wears all white and while with him she wears all red, even stating it as her favorite color, which is a visual representation of her purity then "contamination" from being with Lucifer. Similarly, she returns to wearing all white just after Lucifer breaks up with her.
Links[edit | edit source]