A straightforward prisoner transport job turns into an increasingly dangerous, yet oddly invigorating, odyssey for Dan.
To be added
Lucifer reveals the supposed gunfight and crime lord debacle was all a trick on Dan. The Russians, Improv and Mexicans all laugh and begin partying. Dan goes to the bar to calm his nerves. Lucifer joins him, explaining he called in a lot of favors and spent weeks planning this. Dan notes the journey he went on and how it helped him move past how shaken up he's been since Charlotte died, Michael manipulated him and how God briefly killed him. Lucifer is shocked as this whole thing wasn't meant to do that. When asked what it was about, an incredulous Lucifer states "because you f**king shot me Daniel."
- Tom Ellis as Lucifer Morningstar
- Lauren German as Chloe Decker
- Kevin Alejandro as Dan Espinoza
- D.B. Woodside as Amenadiel
- Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen
- Aimee Garcia as Ella Lopez
- Rachael Harris as Linda Martin
- William Calderon as Luis Navarro
To be added
- The episode title is said by Lucifer to Dan at the end of the episode.
- The episode is Operation: Payback Dan that Lucifer plotted in "Spoiler Alert" although it has the added benefit of helping out Dan's emotional state.
- Ella's novel is based on her experiences with Azrael (the angel of death) who allowed Ella to see her after a near death experience and told her she was a ghost in order to spend more time with her.
- According to Lucifer, he mentions that there are lots of Easter eggs during the whole events of the episode:
- Los X's Gang's previously appearance was in "O, Ye of Little Faith, Father".
- Lucifer mentions the time where they lost a 12 year old girl in "Boo Normal".
- Ella working on the novel about a forensic scientists who talks to ghosts. This was previously mentioned in Season 3.
- Severed head inside a delivery box is a call back to Season 2 where Dan received a package containing a severed head.
- Both Maze and Dan got involved with the Russian Gang back in Season 2.
- Right before the prank climaxes, Lucifer actually tells Dan the truth about what is to happen; no one would get hurt.
- "Vaya con Dios" was written by Larry Russell, Inez James, and Buddy Pepper in 1953. Les Paul and Mary Ford recorded the most popular version of this song that year.
- Lucifer makes a pun on "Vaya con Dios" saying "Vaya con Dad" instead.
- At the party in Lux at the end of the episode Lucifer has arranged a huge tower of pudding, showing he really does care about Dan despite all of the mocking.