Charlie was conceived largely by accident due to Amenadiel not knowing it was possible for an angel to impregnate a human woman. Linda suffered from fainting after she and Amenadiel broke up, with Maze forcing her to go see a doctor. Learning that she was pregnant, Linda had the complete support of Amenadiel and Maze despite their lack of knowledge about babies or angel babies, for that matter.
- Nephilim/Angel-Human Hybrid Physiology: Charlie is a divine angel-human hybrid, the first of his kind. Being half-angel, Charlie can be taken to and from Earth without dying. In "Orgy Pants to Work", Remiel said that she had to take him to Heaven "for all eternity." This indicates that, as a half-angel, Charlie is immortal. Remiel also states that she was able to sense his celestial nature from within the womb. As a half-angel, Charlie is also able to rule Hell. However, Charlie later contracts a cold and is also shown to be frozen in time due to Amenadiel's powers, putting his celestial status into question (although, it may be because he is just a baby, or that Michael somehow caused this to get to Amenadiel by exploiting and manifesting Amenadiel's fears).
|#2||"Somebody's Been Reading Dante's Inferno"||Mentioned|
|#3||"O, Ye of Little Faith, Father"||Mentioned|
|#4||"All About Eve"||Mentioned|
|#6||"Orgy Pants to Work"||Mentioned|
|#7||"Devil Is as Devil Does"||Mentioned|
|#8||"Super Bad Boyfriend"||Mentioned|
|#10||"Who's da New King of Hell?"||Appears|
|#1||"Really Sad Devil Guy"||Appears|
- Some of the other suggested names for Charlie were Zoriel, Zori, Ezekiel, Zek, Jack, Jackiel, Azmortiel, and Michael.
- Nephilim are mentioned in Genesis 6:4.
- Despite Charlie being half-Angel, he is still a mortal as when Amenadiel stopped time, only the mortals were affected but not the celestials (Lucifer, Amenadial, Maze and Michael).
- Charlie is fascinated by his uncle Lucifer's devil face, which is one of the few ways to calm him down.
- He has yet to meet his sister or grandfather.