|“||When Dad kicked you out, the whole family was rocked, me especially.||„|
|— Azrael to Lucifer|
in "Boo Normal"
History[edit | edit source]
Azrael was one of the many angels created by God and Goddess. Like her siblings, Azrael serves God. She was very close to her older brother Lucifer and enjoyed pranking Amenadiel with him. Sometime after Lucifer rebelled, she meant to come visit him, even in Hell, but became too busy dealing with souls, as the angel of death.
Prior to the events of the series, Azrael met Ella Lopez, when she had gotten into a car accident when she was eight and befriended her. She would occasionally stop by and meet Ella whenever she was near her. At some point, she told Ella that she was a ghost to hide the fact that she was an invisible angel. Azrael had been the primary factor in Ella moving to L.A. and meeting Lucifer, because she thought that Lucifer could help Ella and vice versa.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Lucifer described her as "no sweet peach", implying her personality rubbed off on the dagger; as Maze put it "that's one angry-ass knife".
When she showed up in L.A. it is shown that she is the opposite of what Lucifer described, being rather friendly, and even while with the blade, she developed a close friendship with Ella. This suggests that her more violent personality was the product of using the sword. Lucifer's comment may have also been out of bitterness since Azrael, who he had once been very close to, never took the time to visit him after his banishment.
During her interactions with Lucifer, Azrael was shown to care deeply for her brother and to love him greatly. Azrael clearly looked up to Lucifer and loved pranking Amenadiel with him. Even after not seeing Lucifer since his rebellion, she still cared greatly about him and missed him deeply, regretting the fact that she never came to visit him. Her bringing Ella to L.A. was designed purely to bring her two favorite people together, so that Lucifer and Ella would have each other, when she couldn't be there for them.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Azrael shares many of the same abilities as all other angels. However, as the angel of death, she also interacts with the dead.
- Angel Physiology: As an angel, Azrael has their physiology, including superhuman strength, speed, stamina, durability, agility, reflexes, intelligence, and senses, immortality, invulnerability, indestructibility, divine angel wings, flight via wings, regenerative healing factor, nigh-omniscience, nigh-omnipotence, biological manipulation, resurrection, dimensional travel, and shape-shifting (being able to hide her wings) in addition to invisibility as well as their weaknesses.
- Immortality: As an angelic celestial being, Azrael is immune to age, having lived since the beginning of creation, and is also impossible to harm by any means which can kill or injure mortals easily. However, she can be harmed by supernatural weapons and means.
- Invisibility: Azrael has the power to appear invisible and choose who can see her. Typically only dead humans will be able to see her.
- Shape-Shifting: Azrael is capable of altering her true angelic appearance, making herself look like a human female, hiding her wings.
- Dimensional Travel: Azrael is able to travel between Heaven and Earth (and possibly Hell).
Family[edit | edit source]
|To edit this section, go to Lucifer Morningstar/Family.|
- Solid lines denote blood relationships
- Dashed lines denote romantic relationships
- † denote deceased individuals
Appearances[edit | edit source]
|#8||"Trip to Stabby Town"||Mentioned|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Azrael and Remiel are the only known female angels.
- Azrael is based on the Angel of Death from Abrahamic traditions and/or Jewish folklore. In the Book of Exodus, the Angel of Death is said to be the one who was responsible for killing the Egyptian firstborn during the first Passover.
Links[edit | edit source]