Angel wings are the wings of an Angel.
Angels have very large, powerful wings unfolding from their backs. It is unknown if the colors or shapes of the wings have significance. Angels' wings are incredibly powerful, razor-sharp and indestructible.
The wings are a huge and important source of their powers. The wings may be partly incorporeal, as angels can spread their wings freely regardless of their clothing.
It was implied that if angels cuts off their wings, they can reattach them, as Amenadiel tried to convince Lucifer to do just that. The feathers, precisely those of Lucifer, can be used to instantly heal and cure any wound, injury, illness, disease, or sickness. So far, the wings of six angels and two nephilims have been shown: ANGELS
- Amenadiel's wings: Amenadiel's Wings seem to be dark grey with a bright sheen. The wings are extraordinarily powerful, enormous and have extremely sharp edges. After spending his time on Earth and Hell and committing various sins, Amenadiel's wings began to stop functioning and decay. When Charlotte Richards was killed protecting Amenadiel, he then regained his wings and flew off with Charlotte's soul to Heaven.
- Lucifer's wings: Lucifer's wings seem to be larger than Amenadiel's. They are white and glow with a divine light. Lucifer cut them off after leaving Hell and later destroyed them. However, they were restored to him when he woke up in the desert at the end of "The Good, the Bad and the Crispy". Subsequently, whenever Lucifer cuts them off, they regrow automatically no matter what he does. While Lucifer initially thinks that God restored them due to the arrival of Cain, Lucifer subsequently realizes that he self-actualized their return because he no longer saw himself as a monster. Throughout the fourth season, Lucifer's wings become more demonic in nature and bat-like due to Lucifer seeing himself as a monster once again, culminating in his King of Hell form. Once Chloe fully accepts him, Lucifer's wings return to their original angelic form.
- Uriel's wings: Uriel's wings are similar to Amenadiel's but consists of more and smaller feathers. They are a light shade of grey in contrast to Lucifer's whose are white.
- Azrael's wings: Azrael's wings are similar to Uriel's and Amenadiel's but sightly more brown with golden reflections.
- Remiel's wings: Remiel's wings have a pattern similar to an eagle or hawk.
- Michael's wings: Michael's Wings are exactly the same as Lucifer in form (as a twin brother) but dark gray or even black. The right one mising several feathers and is twisted like Michael's injured arm, like a continuity. After becoming the new God, Lucifer cuts Michael's wings off with the Flaming Sword. This leaves two large burn scars on Michael's back where he normally extends his wings.
- Aurora's wings: Rory possesses unique scarlet wings equipped with blades which she has learnt to use as weapons. They can harm and kill other celestials. Despite being a relatively young angel her feathers seemingly display the same strength of the other angels' as she was able to free herself from chains by breaking them with her wings. It is unknown if they have the same curative properties as her father's. According to Rory herself, her bladed wings were inspired by her mother's lifelong fight for justice, not Rory's anger causing her to self-actualize herself as a weapon.
- Charlie's wings: They manifested when he was about 2 years old, proving to his father that he has indeed inherits his celestial abilities. His wings are grey and resemble his father's.
Powers and Abilities
The full extent of angel wings powers are unknown; here is a list of the powers of angel's wings seen thus far
- Dimensional Travel: Angel use their wings to fly back-and-forth from heaven, hell, earth, etc. They can fly to or from dimensions such as heaven or hell.
- Shielding: Angels can use their wings to shield themselves and others from incoming damage, such as small bullets, high-caliber bullets, toxic gas, poison gas, explosions, fire, bombs, etc.
- Razor-Sharp Claws: Angels wings have multiple indestructible, large and incredibly sharp claws on the end of the right and left sides of their wings, and they can use the claws for stabbing, clawing, tearing, ripping, or slashing for defensive or offensive means, and their claws are so strong that they can slash, tear and cut through any object, being or substance.
- Wind Generation: Angels can use their extraordinarily powerful wings to create extremely powerful gusts of massive wind, akin to a tornado or cyclone, so powerful that it can cause countless people flying back thousands of feet with great force, and it could knock someone completely unconscious and even kill anyone with a flap of their wings. They can create such immensely powerful and ferocious gusts of enormous winds that it could blow down and completely destroy a vehicle, house, building, tower, and skyscraper at full power.
- Offensive/Defensive Combat: Angels can use their wings for offensive and defensive means, such as hitting, suffocating, lifting, stabbing, and blowing, and with their wings they can lift someone up off of the ground and suffocate them by squeezing them together with both left and right side of wings, and can hit someone with enough force to either knock them unconscious or even kill them by decapitating them.
- Indestructibility: Angels wings are indestructible, and are impervious to all harm, and can withstand anything and everything, and will never weaken. They can be cut off with Demon Daggers Forged In Hell and the Flaming Sword, however.
- Healing: While in possession of their wings, angels are capable of healing others, a power that they lack without them.
- Resurrection: An angel's wings gives them the power to resurrect humans as their wings allow them to travel into Heaven or Hell and retrieve their soul for resurrection on Earth.
- The wings seems to be "prayer antenae". When Amenadiel lost his wings, Lucifer couldn't contact him through praying to him anymore.